Again, I’m writing this post before you guys will actually be reading it so the time will be a bit off, but it’s currently 12:35pm on September 15th, leaving me only the rest of today, Sunday, and Monday to complete the rest of my hours.
Here’s the tally thus far:
Deadline: September 18th, 9:30am
Sept 11th: 6 hours
Sept 12th: 6 hours
Sept 13th: 8 hours
Sept 14th: 6 hours
Total: 26 hours
So I have 20 more hours to go. This may not seem like much, but it’s not a cakewalk… I’ll have to average 7 hours today, tomorrow, and Monday to make the 46-hours.
To be honest, I don’t know if I’ll be able to make it. Yesterday night I was even more skeptical, but I think that if I can log some good hours today that I might just make it after all.
Remember, I have to pay out $25 to the first 5-commenters on my other post if I lose this challenge, so there is some incentive for me to finish it!
Here’s what I’ve done since my last update:
- Answered/read e-mails (I get around 75 non-spam ones daily)
- Wrote blog entries (Yesterday’s took a very long time to write)
- Managed advertisers (accounting, renewals, etc.)
- Fixed templating issues due to upgrade on MovieForums.org
- Added a “Method of Payment” column in my PokerForums.org accounting spreadsheets for better accounting and to make my accountant’s life easier at tax time
- This one I’m proud of: I put up an advertising page on MovieForums.org, and it looks might sexy if I may say so myself.
- Removed t33h.com from server, mail, logs, etc. since I sold it a couple months ago.
- Exchanged links with BloggingTips.com
- Changed my advertising on HostedFX.com and GarethHodson.com from PublisherForums.com to PublisherSpot.com
- Finalized a recent programmer conflict I had with a programmer I recently hired for a project on PokerForums.org. It went quite sour but at least he honored my request for a full refund in the end.
- Worked a bit more on the undisclosed project and sent out a payment for it.
- Another one I’m proud of: I’ve been procrastinating about this for the past week, but finally did it last night. I added a review of LeadsByVideo to PublisherSpot.com.
- Finally, last night I spent over an hour on MovieForums.org just trying to change the color of one small <legend> tag. While it took me a ridiculously long time to do, at least I learned valuable information that will speed things up in the future (I run a bunch of vBulletin forums and now I know how to do this on my other forums).
Overall, I’m pretty satisfied with the amount of work I’ve done since the beginning of the challenge. I got a couple of bigger things done such as the advertising page and LeadsByVideo review, and a lot of small things.
I’m curious what I’ll get done in my next batch!