I apologize again for another tardy post, but the fact is that I’ve had my hands (and mind) full with a bunch of things lately, including incorporating and buying an apartment. However, I have a 10-minute video in this post so maybe that’ll help make up for things…
- Incorporating: Merendi Networks Inc.?
- Blog updates
Incorporating: Merendi Networks Inc.?
I had my meeting with my accountant yesterday. I had scheduled it because I wanted to see if it was time to incorporate again. Below is a video of myself after the meeting saying how it went. I also touch on some pretty big news with my mortgage…
I had quite the ordeal trying to get a design for PublisherSpot. I had originally started a contest on Sitepoint for a design with a prize of $600. While there were a lot of entries, only 2-3 were half decent. I write extremely specific details on what I needed and wanted, but nobody really seemed to pay attention or care.
Anyhow, I ended up not choosing a winner there. Instead, I contacted one of the entrants privately and offered him $500 if he made changes to it. Anyhow, the site is pretty much done now. The main template is done, and we are just working on finalizing the subpages. Then my programmer is converting it to valid HTML and CSS and the site will be all done
However, then comes the arduous task of populating the site with high quality reviews… I plan on officially launching the site on October 1st, 2006.
Anyhow, without further adieu, here’s a screenshot of the design:
What follows below is quite lame, but I had made the video a week or two ago and uploaded it up to YouTube, so I might as well post it anyway.
Basically, I had a fire in my apartment. It was just a small grease fire.. and normally I wouldn’t care at all, but I’m quite certain that I was actually quite close to having my entire apartment building caught on fire…My rug My poor rug I actually phoned Bob Schmuck after the incident (he’s a professional carpet cleaner) but there was no answer. And with me moving out soon, I’m really worried about the cost of this… somebody reassure me please!
I’ve been slow with the updates, I know. And really, I do apologize. I actually have an obscene amount to talk about.. it’s just that I’ve been so busy lately.. incorporating, landing a mortgage, launching new sites…. but the biggest culprit is World of Warcraft…
Fortunately, I’ve managed to get a bit done with WordPress. You’ve probably noticed a few changes. Here’s what I’ve managed to do:
1. Totally improved the right side navigation. I added all the sections I plan on having there (Everything’s there that was before except for the inspirational video).
2. Altered the formatting for the left and right text to make them bigger and smaller respectively, to fit things better.
3. Signed up with Feedburner and added an RSS/Feedburner button to the right side.
4. Added the date below the title of each post.
5. Removed comments on the subpages (About Me, Advertise, Contact Me)
6. Removed advertising/spam from the footer which the template designer put in there.
7. Reduced the amount of posts shown on the front page to reduce vertical scrolling
8. Fixed the image uploader. I don’t know what the hell I did.. I simply chmoded to 777 then chmodded back to 755 and it worked.. how? I have no idea.
So yay for me and you. I’m sure I’ll still have a bunch of questions in the future though. And thanks to everyone who helped me by commenting in my previous post. Speaking of which, a lot of the comments there seem to be messed up… parsed and formatted strange.. is my blog somehow doing that? If so, why, and can I easily fix that?
Anyhow, that’s all for now. I’ll hopefully have another update in a few days.
Good luck and good earnings!