Pay-Per-Click Marketing has become an extremely popular way of making money online or simply gaining exposure for your site, unfortunately this means that it has become increasingly difficult to break into this area and even industry leaders are beginning to see decreasing profit margins. So if you want to break away from the mould and start looking at more creative ways of using pay-per-click then it might help if you knew some of the best ways to get cheap traffic and clicks. By getting creative with your keywords you can reach a large target audience without the daunting prospect of a large amount of competition to curb your potential. So let’s take a look at 5 different ways to use keywords effectively:
1. Keyword Reversal – I made a post about this on Ideamix which might give a more comprehensive outlook on this method. Effectively you are reversing the keywords you would normally bid on, this might seem strange but in fact many search engine users will just type the first thing that comes to mind, which is often in a different order to the most relevant results. As an example, if you were promoting a company called “Freebooks” you could reverse the keyword to bid on “Booksfree”, since many users will not recall the site’s name correctly. This is a great way of finding keywords which are uncompetitive and yet still receive a large amount of traffic.
2. Get Seasonal – When a major event comes around, for example New Year, there is often a lot of buzz online and usually more money is spent online as a whole. If we take the New Year example further, it is well known that many women will try to lose weight as their resolution, so target these keywords and look to understand the needs of these women. Your ad copy can completely change as well to fit the event, by combining your keywords and your copy to target an event like the New Year then you will see a massive increase in conversion rates.
3. Misspellings – Even though Google will often correct you if you accidentally spell something wrong, many users will ignore that and if they see a relevant site will click on it. So if you start bidding on the things that people often misspell, you should be able to get cheap clicks. This practice has become quite common and a lot of keyword generators will automatically generate misspelt keywords, but if you get in there early on a brand new offer, you can make some good money before your competition arrives.
4. Domains – The strategy involves bidding on every conceivable form of related domain names to the CPA offer that you are promoting. This strategy will bring targeted visitors to your CPA offers that will drive your conversion stats through the roof. If you are promoting a product related to baby diapers, there are no rules that prevent you from bidding on domain keywords such as pampers.com, www.pampers.com,huggies.com, and many other different variations of these domain names. This is a powerful strategy because Internet users are inherently lazy, so many will simply type in the first domain that comes into their heads. The best way to use this strategy is to go to Alexa and when exploring a domain name which is related to your offer, click on “Related Links” and see where those users are going.
5. Think Outside The Box – There is no hard and fast method related to this technique, it simply comes down to your creativity as a marketer. If you can get into your customers mind and think about exactly what they will be typing in then you should be able to make great profits in the pay-per-click area. The best online marketers understand their customers and are able to come up with keywords that no one else has even thought of. Think about some of the weird stuff you type in to a search engine when you don’t quite know what you’re looking for, then times that by 100 and you’ll get the number of strange searches that normal internet users make all the time.
Creativity is one of the most important aspects of marketing, and it’s becoming ever more important in the constantly growing online world, so start thinking ahead of your competition and come up with your own ways of driving traffic to your offer or site.
I currently run IdeaMix which sets out to give users a new money making idea every day, go check it out!