I’m sure a lot of you are curious to see if I ended up making my 46-hour Week Challenge or not
After a very unpleasant week of work, right before midnight on Monday the 17th, I successfully finished my 46th hour, making my goal
I must admit that I wasn’t sure if I was going to make it or not, especially the day before. I was just too sick of working and really needed a break from the computer. I was also not getting much sleep, and my eyes were sore from staring at the computer.
The pressure of the $125 I would have had to pay out if I didn’t make the challenge in time did help push me. It wasn’t so much losing $125 as it was losing it for such a stupid reason. So the pressure of losing the cash did in fact help with the challenge.
I did get a lot of work done, though, so all my hard work wasn’t for nothing.
I spent a lot of those hours writing my blog posts. I think it shows in the quality of my recent posts, too. They were longer and just of higher quality.
Here’s the final tally of my hours:
Challenge Span: September 11th 9:30am – September 18th 9:30am
Sept 11th: 6 hours
Sept 12th: 6 hours
Sept 13th: 8 hours
Sept 14th: 6 hours
Sept 15th: 6 hours
Sept 16th: 6 hours
Sept 17th: 8 hours
Total: 46 hours
Here’s what I got done since my last update. It isn’t nearly as much as the other days because I spent 3-4 hours on that smilie post I put up yesterday!
- Answered/read e-mails (I get around 75 non-spam ones daily)
- Wrote blog entries (Again, that smilie post took me 3-4 hours)
- Managed advertisers (accounting, renewals, etc.)
- Made good progress on my undisclosed project
- Removed two inactive/dead blogs from my blogroll
- Inquired on purchasing some existing domains and websites from various owners
- Bought PotForums.com (No, I don’t smoke pot, but I couldn’t pass up such a good deal. I’m not a sex maniac either but I’d grab Sex.com if it was cheap enough). For those curious, I got the domain and site for $150. Anyone want to buy it off me for $500? 😉
- Added a favicon to GymnasticsForums.com
- Made account on Moniker for PotForums.com transfer
So there you guys have it. What’s the first thing I did yesterday as my first day off after my challenge? That’s right, poker baby! Oh, how I missed you poker…
I don’t plan on doing another of these challenges for a while. Maybe in November or December sometime. When I do, I’ll up the prize money.